Dear Steve,

thank you for your email!

Re. H40 / Lata: What a experience!

I've faced numerous problems - the whole operation was planed and
executed as multi-op effort. Unfortunately, due to the visa
cancellation, my Yu friends couldn't make it, leaving me alone,
overloaded and with far more equipment that I really needed... After
civil unrests 3 years ago, Honiara is now very sad and unsafe place;
just two days before I left, Australian Government issued warning for
travelers not to travel to Solomon's. You've probably heard that New
Zealand High commissioner was murdered just recently as well as some
other foreigners. No law and order at all; and I was lucky enough to
get permission to stay in SDA Church guest house in Honiara...

In Lata, they are running out of generator fuel again with the next
supply under question. I also have to quit one week earlier due to
fact that Santa Cruz - Honiara flight are now temporarily scheduled
for one per fortnight (after 25% devaluation of Solomon dollar, ship
is now much more affordable for locals. Yes, it take days, but you
guess they are not in hurry, hi)

Although I got my 80/160m vertical up and running, there was
practically no activity on low bands- 10, 12 and 15 were open 24
hours per day so I made decision to stay mostly on 10 and 15 giving a
chance to many USA/Eu of working H40 in this solar cycle.

Over 10.000 Q's, (95% CW) were made using simple vertical ant.
Judging by the feedback already received, I think I made many guys
out there very happy :-)

Once again, thank you for your contribution and I'm certainly looking
forward working you from some other exotic location in near future.

QSL cards are in preparation end expected to arrive from
printer on Ma, 20.

Thank you!

73, Nick VK1AA

73,

Steve - KF2TI

It is hard to understand how a cemetery can raise its burial
cost and blame it on the cost of living

We were never scared of our father raising his hand to
us..NEVER.  BUT!!!  that hand coming back down..that was
another thing.

outgoing mail scanned with Norton's NAV2002