In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, MANOHAR B.L.
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>Information for all interested:
>MQ5ACC the special station commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the
>Queen's Coronation was QRV on 14026.5 around 0100 UTC working pile-up.
>de ARASU  VU2UR.

Arasu,
UK radio amateurs may use the prefix GQ in celebration of Her Majesty
the Queen's Golden Jubilee. This also includes the prefixes MQ and 2Q as
applicable. The special prefixes may be used from Zero hours UTC on the
1st of June until 2400UTC on the 30th of June inclusive.

If amateurs choose to use these prefixes, the operation will be in the
same format as in 1977 when the prefix GE was issued in celebration of
Her Majesty's Silver Jubilee. For the G and M series of callsigns, the
Country locator is dropped in preference to the prefixes GQ and MQ
respectively. For example, G, GD, GI, GJ, GM, GU and GW all become GQ;
while M, MD, MI, MJ, MM, MU and MW all become MQ.
So you wont know the country!
I was on 15m RTTY this afternoon as GQ4OWT
The official station is GB50 (Five Zero) and is on air most days from
Windsor Castle see  http://www.gb50.com/ for details and logs

Steve G(Q)4OWT

--
Steve G4OWT