I am surprised to Ed on 15M RTTY today.  I had been informed
that he would be in Beijing today picking up a new hex beam.  Anyone
know anything about that?

Even though P5/4L4FN RTTY contacts do not count for DXCC (yet),
if you haven't made a contact with him yet on SSB, it's an easy way
to get him.  He is a very good RTTY op and if you haven't tried RTTY
yet, it's an excellent reason to do so.  The RTTY pileup is way down
now so it's easier getting through.

I know of a couple of DX'ers that have not had success getting him on
SSB so they tried RTTY for the first time and made contact with Ed
on that mode.

If anyone would like to get started on RTTY and has a sound card
in their computer, there is a free program called MMTTY that is an
excellent program, especially for beginners.  Just do a search of
MMTTY on your favorite search engine and you will find the URL
where you can download it.

I'd be happy to work with anyone who needs help getting started
on RTTY.  I hope this is an appropriate post here.

This is my first post to this list.  I used to subscribe to the old VE7
list many years ago.

73, Don AA5AU
DXCC Honor Roll - RTTY & CW
http://www.aa5au.com