The following was sent out from W3NO of the Western Pennsylvania DX Association on September 4th (I just got it tonight).  I've been asked to pass this along to any WPA amateurs and DX'ers who knew Don when he was most active in the late 1970's through the 1980's.

73, ron wn3vaw

IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT DON. KJ3Q

Many of the WPADXA club members knew Don, KJ3Q. He was an active DXer for many years and could be found on the bands every night. He especially liked 75/80 meters.

Don started experiencing health problems about ten years ago and took early retirement from PPG Industries in the mid-1990s. He built a home near Orlando and moved there a year ago, where he lives with his wife, Pat, two sons, and their families. (Big house, hi!)

Pat called today to tell me that Don was not feeling well last month and went to the hospital for a battery of tests. They subsequently learned that he had phase 4 cancer (which is the worst it gets) throughout his body. Don has been given two weeks to several months to live.

Don is getting 24/7 care from nurses in his home and is comfortable. He is a little confused, according to Pat, but basically can carry on a conversation and is relatively coherent. I think it would be very nice if any of our members who knew Don would send him a card/letter with your prayers, as soon as possible, since it appears his days are numbered.

Don's address is:

Don L. McDaniel, KJ3Q

4810 Hidden Lane

St. Cloud, FL 34771-9071

73, Doug, W3NO, Treasurer/VP, Western Pennsylvania DX Association