I.C.P.O. (Islands, Castles & Portable Operations)
Update -

01/01/2003:  Peter, I2CZQ/p, will be active January 1st from 2 DCI
references for the Italian Castles Award. He will activate the Tower
Avanzini (DCI reference BS-013) and the Tower Rizzieri in Bienno (DCI
reference BS-016). Start time will be approximately 09:00 UTC. Both
references are located in the Region of Lombardia, Province of Brescia (BS).
QSL via home call, direct or bureau. [tnx I2CZQ]

04/01/2003:  André, F5PEZ/p, and Jean Paul, F5JIT/p, will be active January
4, 2003, from the Chateau de Batavia (reference DFCF 62208, for the French
Castle and Forts Award) in the town of Arques. The town of Arques is located
in the Nord Pas-de-Calais (DPF reference 18 (Picardie), for the French
Provinces Award, Department Pas de Calais DDFM 62) area, in Northern France.
Look for them around 14252 kHz, starting 07:00 UTC. If propagation is not
good, they will return on 40 meters. QSL to home calls via the REF bureau.
[tnx F5NQL]

04/01/2003:  Peter, VE9CLH/m, will activate Grand Flats Light (CAN-726),
from New Brunswick January 4th or January 5th. Look for him on the usual
lighthouse frequencies. QSL via home call, direct or bureau. [tnx VE9CLH]

South Africa has been incorporated into the Summits on the Air programme
with effect from 1 January 2003. To celebrate, a number of South African
amateurs will be operating portable from mountain summits on 1 January. Rudi
ZS6DX will operate from Magalliesberg (ZS/GP-008), Andrew ZS1AN will be
operating from Maclear's Beacon on Table Mountain (ZS/WC-043) and it is
likely that other summits will be active as well. We can be found on or
around the following frequencies:

CW:  7024, 14007, 21007 and 28007 KHz
SSB: 7066, 14160, 21160 and 28440 KHz
FM:  145.500 MHz Simplex

Please note that not all summits will be active on SSB. Summits will be
actived from 0900 UTC until 1600 UTC on 1 January 2003. For further
information about SOTA in South Africa, see our web site at
www.qsl.net/sotasa or email us at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Please join us on air to celebrate the launch of SOTA in South Africa!

73,
Andrew Roos ZS1AN

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2003 !!
73 and Good Hunting!