Thanks to everyone that answered my question about my Icom/Heil
predicament.  I've received mixed answers.  Some say, yes it works, others
say no, but several mentioned there is DC voltage on the mic pin which
saturates the mic element.

I didn't realize this and suspect this might be problem, at least I'm
hoping so.  I'm gonna try sticking a small cap in line to block the
voltage and see where that gets me.  To everyone that did ask if I was
using the "adapter", yes and no.  I homebrewed one, I was not using a
genuine Heil.

Kelly - KE9KD
http://www.dx-central.com