From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Êùíóôáíôßíïò SV1DPI
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 08:02
To: REFLECTOR DXR
Subject: [DX-NEWS] Mount Athos bad(?) news

Hi everybody
I telephoned to Monk Apollo today. He is in Mount Athos in Monastery of
Dohiariou who lives and not outside in Monastery of Soho as it is usual
every summer. I asked him to be active again but he told me that his hf
tranceiver, an old icom, has burned before two months. A friend of him
and
radioamateur from Thessaloniki tried to repair it without success.
After that he will not be on the air in the future.

Kostas Stamatis, SV1DPI
Electrical Engineer
PO Box 66 - 30100 Agrinio
Greece