Gunnar, I can't confirm your issue, that brings the guest session back
for me, but it's locked, which is a bug in the new unity

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

Title:
  Unity ignores "disable-lock-screen" desktop key (leads to unlockable
  guest sessions)

Status in Unity:
  Confirmed
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  If I enter a guest session from the login screen, switch to console
  mode and switch back, I'm taken back to the guest session as expected.

  If I enter a guest session from the system menu within a regular
  session, switch to console mode and switch back, I'm taken to the
  interface for unlocking the regular session.

  Expected behavior: I should be taken to the guest session in the
  latter case as well.