I think this is fixed by last update, but let us know if it's the case.

** Tags added: lockscreen

** Also affects: unity

** Changed in: unity

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

Title:
  distortions in Unity after lock screen

Status in Unity:
  Incomplete
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  Hi, I locked my Ubuntu, then I unlocked it, opened DASH, then it lock again
without my will as I describe in bug report #1299705 .
  The problem is, Unity is not rendered good in MacbookAir with sandy bridge,
because if I do this:
  Lock screen -> unlock -> open DASH -> "then it locks without my will" .....
in MacbookAir it do NOT show me it is locked, all I can see it something that
left from DASH with black background, without left panel but WITH top panel.

  I think this can be a security issue because in this point I cannot
  know I am on lockscreen or not and so typing password can be
  dangerous.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
  Package: unity 7.1.2+14.04.20140328.1-0ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-20-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl
  ApportVersion: 2.13.3-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: amd64
  CompizPlugins:
[core,composite,opengl,compiztoolbox,decor,vpswitch,snap,mousepoll,resize,place,move,wall,grid,regex,imgpng,session,gnomecompat,animation,fade,unitymtgrabhandles,workarounds,scale,expo,ezoom,unityshell]
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Sun Mar 30 10:36:01 2014
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Alpha amd64 (20140317)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=cs
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>