    https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1305127

   Skype systray icon disappear

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

Title:
  Unity systray disappears

Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  From time to time, systray disappears with all of its icons, which
  were showing OK up to that point. Needless to say, this defeats the
  main purpose of apps like Skype or Pidgin.

  Strange thing is, if I switch to another desktop workspace
  (Ctrl+Alt+Arrows), the systray appears for a split second during the
  workspace scrolling, then disappears again.

  I checked several other bugs and neither seemed to be my case. Also, note
that Skype, Pidgin and a few others are whitelisted:
  $ gsettings get com.canonical.Unity.Panel systray-whitelist
  ['JavaEmbeddedFrame', 'Wine', 'Update-notifier', 'Skype', 'Pidgin',
'Evolution', 'Vuze', 'Azureus', 'Azureus2']

  Is there at least a workaround to get the systray back when this
  happens?

  Thanks

  Using Ubuntu Desktop 12.04.4 LTS 64 bit, ATI Radeon with open source
  driver.