libindicate has been deprecated in favor of libmessaging-menu in Quantal
(12.10), becasue we couldn't use libindicate on the phone. Porting to
libmessaging-menu is fairly simple. Let me know if you need any
pointers.

Note that this might change again when we switch to Unity8, which will
most likely have a Qt/QML API as part of the SDK. Sorry about that.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to libindicate in Ubuntu.

Title:
  python-indicate not showing up in message indictor

Status in Libindicate:
  Confirmed
Status in “libindicate” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Install python-indicate and libindicate-doc. Run:

  python /usr/share/doc/libindicate/examples/im-client.py

  An entry should appear in message indicator, but does not. That worked
  in 12.04 but is broken in 14.04.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
  Package: python-indicate 12.10.1-0ubuntu3
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-24-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity