** Changed in: unity

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

Title:
  Installing and uninstalling unity destroyed my desktop

Status in Unity:
  Fix Released
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: unity

  Ran "aptitude install unity".
  Logged out, logged back in.
  Tried unity.
  Ran "aptitude remove unity".
  Logged out, logged back in.

  Got nothing but an entirely white screen and a mouse.

  My login screen doesn't have any way to select a desktop interface, so
  I assume it's still defaulting to unity while unity is not installed.

  I noticed "aptitude remove unity" only removed the unity package, and
  not the dependencies that got installed with it.

  I was able to get a terminal with ctrl-alt-t, and run compiz and
  gnome-panel, which gets me a mostly functional desktop.  Only thing
  weird with it so far is my tasks aren't showing up on the panel.  And
  it failed back to metacity instead of actually using compiz.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.10
  Package: unity (not installed)
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.35-23.41-generic 2.6.35.7
  Uname: Linux 2.6.35-23-generic x86_64
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Thu Dec  9 13:08:38 2010
  ProcEnviron: