This bug was fixed in the package unity8 -
8.00+14.10.20140828.1-0ubuntu1

---------------
unity8 (8.00+14.10.20140828.1-0ubuntu1) utopic; urgency=low

  [ Michael Terry ]
  * Reverse default for the user option "allow launcher/panel in greeter
    when locked." And allow that property to be controlled by an
    AccountsService property. (LP: #1358340) (LP: #1358340)
  * With recent password support, we want to be able to unlock the
    device even with a password set. And we need to be able to do this
    once the new adbd lands. So I've added a DBus command to hide the
    greeter. This should be secure because all apps are constrained and
    if you're on the local session bus unconstrained, you already have
    access to anything you want.
 -- Ubuntu daily release <ps-jenk...@lists.canonical.com>   Thu, 28 Aug 2014
20:06:41 +0000

** Changed in: unity8 (Ubuntu)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to indicator-datetime in Ubuntu.

Title:
  [Indicators] Complete greeter profiles

Status in The Date and Time Indicator:
  Confirmed
Status in The Messaging Menu:
  Confirmed
Status in Sound Menu:
  Confirmed
Status in Transfer Indicator:
  Confirmed
Status in Ubuntu UX bugs:
  Fix Committed
Status in The Unity 8 shell:
  In Progress
Status in “gsettings-ubuntu-touch-schemas” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “indicator-datetime” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “indicator-messages” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “indicator-sound” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “indicator-transfer” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “ubuntu-system-settings” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “unity8” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  A recent change in the interest of security removed access to the
  indicators when the phone is locked and the greeter is showing.

  This was an accentual change based on a misunderstanding

  There had been a plan to support media playback control via the sound
  indicator. Without this the user must unlock the phone in order to
  simply pause the music or change songs, etc.

  Desired resolution:

  - Revert the change that caused this issue

  - Add a switch to System Settings to enable security conscious user to
  switch off Launcher and Greeter access while the phone is locked.
  This setting should *always* be off by default.
  <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityAndPrivacySettings#Locking>