Ubuntu 12.10 is no longer supported. On 11 Dec 2014 16:55, "SteveDude" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I am using Ubuntu 14.10 now so it is no longer an issue, but was for me > when I was using Ubuntu 12.10. > > > Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 06:10:34 +0000 > > From: [email protected] > > To: [email protected] > > Subject: [Bug 1078532] Re: Dash does not play local music file previews > > > > Is this still a problem? > > > > ** Changed in: unity > > Status: New => Incomplete > > > > ** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu) > > Status: New => Incomplete > > > > -- > > You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug > > report. > > https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1078532 > > > > Title: > > Dash does not play local music file previews > > > > Status in Unity: > > Incomplete > > Status in unity package in Ubuntu: > > Incomplete > > > > Bug description: > > When previewing music files via Amazon, I am able to play previews of > > these files with no issues. I cannot preview a music file that is on > > my local machine. IE: If I search "ABBA", I can right-click on the > > result and play the preview songs within Dash. Any local .mp3 files > > for ABBA will not preview within Dash. > > > > Dash-1.png = Dash Search Results > > Dash-2.png = Dash Playing Amazon [online] Results > > Dash-3.png = My local file. Music control is visible, but will not > play the file. > > > > I am running Ubuntu 12.10 64-bit via an upgrade from 12.04 > > > > ProblemType: Bug > > DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.10 > > Package: dash 0.5.7-3ubuntu1 > > ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-18.29-generic 3.5.7 > > Uname: Linux 3.5.0-18-generic x86_64 > > NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia > > ApportVersion: 2.6.1-0ubuntu6 > > Architecture: amd64 > > Date: Tue Nov 13 19:51:20 2012 > > EcryptfsInUse: Yes > > InstallationDate: Installed on 2012-06-17 (149 days ago) > > InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64 > (20120425) > > MarkForUpload: True > > ProcEnviron: > > PATH=(custom, no user) > > XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set> > > LANG=en_US.UTF-8 > > SHELL=/bin/bash > > SourcePackage: dash > > UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to quantal on 2012-11-13 (1 days ago) > > > > To manage notifications about this bug go to: > > https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/1078532/+subscriptions > > -- > You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to Unity. > https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1078532 > > Title: > Dash does not play local music file previews > > Status in Unity: > Incomplete > Status in unity package in Ubuntu: > Incomplete > > Bug description: > When previewing music files via Amazon, I am able to play previews of > these files with no issues. I cannot preview a music file that is on > my local machine. IE: If I search "ABBA", I can right-click on the > result and play the preview songs within Dash. Any local .mp3 files > for ABBA will not preview within Dash. > > Dash-1.png = Dash Search Results > Dash-2.png = Dash Playing Amazon [online] Results > Dash-3.png = My local file. Music control is visible, but will not play > the file. > > I am running Ubuntu 12.10 64-bit via an upgrade from 12.04 > > ProblemType: Bug > DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.10 > Package: dash 0.5.7-3ubuntu1 > ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-18.29-generic 3.5.7 > Uname: Linux 3.5.0-18-generic x86_64 > NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia > ApportVersion: 2.6.1-0ubuntu6 > Architecture: amd64 > Date: Tue Nov 13 19:51:20 2012 > EcryptfsInUse: Yes > InstallationDate: Installed on 2012-06-17 (149 days ago) > InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64 > (20120425) > MarkForUpload: True > ProcEnviron: > PATH=(custom, no user) > XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set> > LANG=en_US.UTF-8 > SHELL=/bin/bash > SourcePackage: dash > UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to quantal on 2012-11-13 (1 days ago) > > To manage notifications about this bug go to: > https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/1078532/+subscriptions > -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu. Matching subscriptions: dx-packages https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1078532 Title: Dash does not play local music file previews Status in Unity: Incomplete Status in unity package in Ubuntu: Incomplete Bug description: When previewing music files via Amazon, I am able to play previews of these files with no issues. I cannot preview a music file that is on my local machine. IE: If I search "ABBA", I can right-click on the result and play the preview songs within Dash. Any local .mp3 files for ABBA will not preview within Dash. Dash-1.png = Dash Search Results Dash-2.png = Dash Playing Amazon [online] Results Dash-3.png = My local file. Music control is visible, but will not play the file. I am running Ubuntu 12.10 64-bit via an upgrade from 12.04 ProblemType: Bug DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.10 Package: dash 0.5.7-3ubuntu1 ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-18.29-generic 3.5.7 Uname: Linux 3.5.0-18-generic x86_64 NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia ApportVersion: 2.6.1-0ubuntu6 Architecture: amd64 Date: Tue Nov 13 19:51:20 2012 EcryptfsInUse: Yes InstallationDate: Installed on 2012-06-17 (149 days ago) InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64 (20120425) MarkForUpload: True ProcEnviron: PATH=(custom, no user) XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set> LANG=en_US.UTF-8 SHELL=/bin/bash SourcePackage: dash UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to quantal on 2012-11-13 (1 days ago) To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/1078532/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dx-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dx-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

