[Expired for Unity because there has been no activity for 60 days.]

** Changed in: unity

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

Title:
  AutoKey-QT Missing Indicator After Launched as Startup Application

Status in Unity:
  Expired
Status in autokey package in Ubuntu:
  Expired
Status in unity package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  When I run autokey-qt as a startup application, its indicator often
  doesn't appear on Unity's top-panel (by the clock).

  Why can't I successfully run autokey-qt as a startup application? By
  running autokey-qt as a start up application, is it somehow getting
  launched before the Unity top-panel is initialized? I'm able to run
  other indicators as startup applications (such as indicator-weather,
  hamster-indicator, parcellite). So why not autokey-qt?

  To reproduce this bug, do the following:

  1) Install autokey-qt:
  sudo apt-get install autokey-qt

  2) Add autokey-qt as a startup application:
  Super-key > type "startup applications" > Add Name "Autokey (qt)" > Add
Command "autokey-qt"

  3) Restart Your Computer

  4) Login, and notice that autokey's "A" icon-indicator/applet near the
  clock is *MISSING*.

  5) The indicator is missing, but you can verify that the autokey-qt process
is indeed running with System Monitor:
  Super-key > type "system monitor" > System Monitor > Processes tab > Process
Name > autokey-qt

  6) See attached screen shot below.

  So as, you can see, autokey-qt is running, but there is no way to use
  it without that indicator.

  Workaround: Kill the orphan autokey-qt process and launch it again
  manually. However, my goal is to start it automatically each time I
  login, and the process should be killed each time I logout (So, that I
  don't get an "Already Running" error after logout and logging back
  in).

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.10
  Package: autokey-qt 0.90.1-1.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-26.42-generic 3.5.7.6
  Uname: Linux 3.5.0-26-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl
  ApportVersion: 2.6.1-0ubuntu10
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Tue Mar 26 14:18:22 2013
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64
(20120823.1)
  MarkForUpload: True
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: autokey
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to quantal on 2013-03-06 (20 days ago)