On 2016-01-19 16:52, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> I did not consider this case. It would be extremely rare, since the
> list should include only events for the selected day, and events
> hardly ever repeat more than once a day.

Not sure what you mean by that, Matthew. The case which made me observe
this bug was an event which recur every fourth week. The list shows the
next five events (or so) from the day you select, and it's certainly not
limited to events for the selected day. When selecting a day soon before
the day of the second (or third...) instance of the recurring event, it
was simply skipped.

I have been using the event list in the clock as a planning tool for a
while, and because of this bug I was about to forget about this
recurring event.

> Specification updated.
> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TimeAndDate?action=diff&rev2=110&rev1=109>

I now see that the limitation to "for the selected day" you mention was
added on 2015-05-11 in revision 100 of the specifitation. It hasn't been
implemented yet AFAICT for regular events.

Personally I consider this change to the spec. to be an important
regression bug, and for me it's going to make the list more or less
useless as a planning tool.

I would strongly suggest that the spec is changed again, so the list is
designed to show "the next five calendar events, if any" as was the case
before revision 100.

** Changed in: indicator-datetime (Ubuntu)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to indicator-datetime in Ubuntu.

Title:
  Recurring Evolution events not shown as coming events in clock's menu

Status in indicator-datetime package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  In Evolution you can make an appointment recur according to a
  specified scheme. As from wily, only the first instance of such a
  recurring event is shown in the clock menu.