** Changed in: ubuntu-calendar-app
    Milestone: None => 0.6

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to indicator-datetime in Ubuntu.

Title:
  imported google calendar events sound when they shouldn't

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Confirmed
Status in Ubuntu Calendar App:
  In Progress
Status in indicator-datetime package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  I use the calendar-app with my work google calendar. For that calendar
  I have alarms setup to automatically send an email 24 hours, 4 hours
  and 30 minutes before any event and I choose email as the reminder (as
  opposed to popup) so that I wouldn't be bombarded with reminders all
  day. Unfortunately the calendar app does not make a distinction
  between email and popup and every event with an email reminder gets
  imported as an event that gets an event notification on the phone with
  an alarm sound. I have a lot of events in my calendar and so my phone
  is constantly making noise at all times of the day. This is
  particularly annoying at night time since I might get a reminder as
  early as 3am or 4am, which wakes me up. Of course, I could use silent
  mode at night, but, like last night, I forgot and was awoken at 6am.
  Plus, I don't necessarily want the phone in silent mode-- I'd like to
  be able to hear if a phone call comes in since that is likely an
  emergency call I need to take.

  There are a lot of different bugs related to calendar event
  notifications and if some of them were fixed, it would ameliorate this
  bug. For example, I've been hoping for a setting to disable sounds for
  just the calendar (whether via the app or system settings) but
  otherwise get calendar notifications. Being able to change the alarm
  sound to 'None' would work too. TBH at this point I don't care which
  bug is fixed, I need to get this phone to stop sounding off
  constantly.

  WORKAROUND:
  1. download https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Silence.ogg to
/home/phablet
  2. use gsettings to adjust the sound:
  $ DISPLAY=:0.0 gsettings get com.canonical.indicator.datetime
calendar-default-sound
  '/usr/share/sounds/ubuntu/ringtones/Marimbach.ogg'
  $ DISPLAY=:0.0 gsettings set com.canonical.indicator.datetime
calendar-default-sound /home/phablet/Silence.ogg