Plus, the nice little workaround does not seem to function in 16.04.
Simply re-invoking the process does not lead to it exiting. I've seen it
crash several times in a row with no obvious pattern to it (except it
happens fairly soon after login).

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to indicator-datetime in Ubuntu.

Title:
  evolution-calendar-factory always running with high memory usage

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Confirmed
Status in evolution-data-server package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in indicator-datetime package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  At boot the process is using over 100MB on my mako (build 129)
  I sync'd a fairly large set of calendar events from google previously

  Does this process need to be running all the time?
  Can we streamline it to not read so much of the data set, which it appears to
be doing?

  With no calendar entries (i.e. removing
.local/share/evolution/xxx/calendar.ics) the process still uses over 30MB
  (looking at RSS with  ps aux --sort -rss )