This problem is still affecting me. I have disabled the service by
commenting out lines in the conf file. I do not think it is a duplicate
of the clendar problem.

** This bug is no longer a duplicate of bug 1342123
   evolution-calendar-factory always running with high memory usage

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to indicator-datetime in Ubuntu.

Title:
  memory leak in indicator-datetime

Status in indicator-datetime package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  After upgrading from 16.04 to 16.10 on the System76 Serval WS
  indicator-datetime-service is consuming all the system memory from
  3.7GB up to 32 GB in 30 seconds. The system kills the indicator-
  datetime-service process and indicator-datetime-service restarts and
  memory consumption repeats until killed again. All swap memory is
  consumed in this pattern.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.10
  Package: indicator-datetime 15.10+16.10.20160820.1-0ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 4.8.0-22-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_uvm nvidia_drm nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.3-0ubuntu8
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity