On Thinkpad T420s, switching off Bluetooth make the device disapper by
rfkill soft blocked state and hence the icon. Reenabeling is possible
via rfkill only, all UI applications state "no device" until then. If
reenabled by 'rfkill unblock <device>', icon reappears immediately and
all is fine until we switch of bluetooth by UI again.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to indicator-bluetooth in Ubuntu.

Title:
  Bluetooth indicator disappears every time bluetooth is being turned
  off

  Confirmed
Status in indicator-bluetooth package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  In Ubuntu 16.04, every time I turn off bluetooth, the indicator icon
disappears from the top panel.
  Each time I have to re-enable it by system setting or via dash.

  I expect it to behave in a same way as network indicator instead of
  disappearing.

  Here is the link with some info which could be helpful
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-bluetooth/+bug/1126108