Why does this require a MIR? It doesn't seem like there are any packages
depending on it, in any flavour. Whether libappindicator FTBFS or not
has no bearing on this.

** Changed in: libayatana-appindicator (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: libayatana-appindicator (Ubuntu)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to the bug report.

Title:
  [MIR] libayatana-appindicator

Status in libayatana-appindicator package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  [Availability]
  * Everywhere

  [Rationale]
  * Appindicator is dead, we should move it to universe and switch to the
"better" and "supported" ayatana version
  [Security]
  * No security bugs found

  [Quality assurance]
  * Strongly maintained in Debian, lots of packages in main used to have deltas
to drop and switch to appindicator, I think we will save a lot of work by just
syncing stuff and not maintaining appindicator anymore (at least moving it to
universe)
  [Dependencies]
  * All deps in main
  [Standards compliance]
  * New compat level
  * Maintained in sync with Debian
  * It builds a python2 bind, maybe we can just not MIR all binaries there
  [Maintenance]
  * Debian maintains it, and is doing a port to ayatana of all packages.

  [Background information]
  * I think we can also just MIR libayatana-appindicator3-1