** Branch linked: lp:~3v1n0/nux/x11-conffile-on-unity-only-x

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to nux in Ubuntu.

Title:
  leftover conffile forces GNOME is software rendering

Status in nux package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  After an upgrade from 17.10 to 18.04, I noticed that all gnome windows
  animations were gone.  After some digging, it seems that gnome-session
  incorrectly assumes that my graphics has no acceleration, when in fact
  it does: it's a i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz with Intel integrated graphics
  (i915 driver).

  I've tried this with and without the xserver-xorg-video-intel package
  (a.k.a. Intel driver) with the same behavior.

  The output of gnome-session-check-accelerated is: llvmpipe (LLVM 6.0,
  256 bits)  however the system should have DRM 2.0 capability.

  GL checks (e.g. glxinfo, glxgears produce the expected output from a
  working DRM system).

  mesa-utils and mesa-utils-extra are both installed.

  I can't find a work around.  Perhaps there is something wrong with my
  install/upgrade?

  Everything else works fine, although the graphical transitions are no
  longer smooth.  But it would be nice to restore the expected behavior.

  I have attached the log of 'journalctl -b0'

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
  Package: gnome-session 3.28.1-0ubuntu2
  Uname: Linux 4.15.0-20-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Wed May  2 13:06:00 2018
  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20160420.1)
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: gnome-session
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to bionic on 2018-04-27 (5 days ago)