Tnx for all the replies. No more necessary.
What I wanted to do is use my (already wired) COM4 for CW keying,
not the same port that controls my radio, and not an LPT port. I've had
the current wiring from computer to radio in place for many years, and
with all the SO2R stuff back there, I don't want to mess with it :.)
If the next version of DX4WIN supports COM port selection, that would
be a feature that would make me consider upgrading. Another thing I'd
like to see is control of more than one radio. As of now, nothing in V5
compels me to want to upgrade, which is why I'm still using V4.
73,
Barry, W2UP