Dear List Members:

I recently used my laptop to log some QSOs as HS0ZCK during a recent
trip  to Thailand.  When I got home, I merged these QSOs as a new group
with my K2XX file on my shack desktop computer using the DX4WIN file
merge commands.  Ever since I did the merge, I have gibberish in the
"Notes for this Call" area of the QSO window.  The gibberish is:
/stonDWF8C, and the "D" is in red with the rest in black.  It appears
whenever I hit F9 to log a QSO in real time and disappears when I start
to enter a call into the QSO window.

I tried merging the HS0 log into my K2XX backup file and the same
gibberish appeared in the same place.  However, since I didn't save the
merged files in this case, the gibberish problem can be reversed by
simply deleting the merged HS0 QSOs.  In the case of my main K2XX file,
where I did save the HS0 QSOs, the gibberish problem cannot be reversed
by deleting the HS0 merged files.

Does anyone have an idea of what's going on here and how I can correct
the problem?  (BTW, both computers are using version 5.03 of DX4WIN.)

Thanks for your help.

73, Joe