Hello,

I've already received some good feedback from people.  I imported a few new
.CTY files into this database, and apparently some new errors cropped up.
Don't worry, just keep reporting what you find and I'll put out a cleanup
pass as soon as I can (goal is within next two weeks).

Remember, if you want to check for errors, copy the DX4WIN.OLD file from
the ZIP archive into your SAVE directory as DX4WIN.CTY.  Otherwise, there
will be a lot of new "errors" because some prefixes are now different.

Also remember that the new prefixes match the ARRL DXCC Award Credits
Listing which is the printout you receive back from the ARRL after a DXCC
submission. These prefixes don't necessarily match the ARRL DXCC List at
http://www.arrl.org/awards/dxcc/, for example that list shows United States
as 'K' but the award credits listing has it under 'W'. The point was to
make it easier to cross-check the award credits listing against the DX4WIN
listing.  I will send mail to the ARRL DXCC desk to see if they can make
their own lists consistent!

I really need to take a break from this but it keeps coming back to haunt me!

73 - Jim AD1C

At 07:48 PM 8/29/2003, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:

>DX4WIN.CTY release #4 is ready for download.  Follow the instructions on
>this web page:
>
>         http://www.ad1c.com/dx4win/
>
>On that page are instructions for using the new DX4WIN.CTY file, as well
>as a link to the extensive revision history.
>
>This release features:
>
>- prefixes which match the ARRL DXCC Award Credits Listing, like T8 and R1F
>- updated entity names like Timor-Leste and Dem. Republic of the Congo
>- additions and corrections

USA +978-251-9933, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC