Yes, that is the way it used to work.  In fact, the size of the "send"
window is also lost if you click on "Maximize" and then "Restore."  I
liked it the old way, and wonder if there is some new  functionality that
is tied to this behavior.  If not, perhaps it can be either restored to the
previous behavior, which I prefer over the current way.

73 - Dave N3RD