What you can do is to specify a filter before you use the export function;
if you do that, you'll get asked if you want to use the filter for the
export. Set up a filter for QSOs only later than 01-Jan-1998 and it should
only export those QSOs.

You can re-submit you log if it cut you off due to errors, you may just get
some "duplicate entry" warnings but they are harmless.