At 11:23 AM 4/13/2004, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
 >--- Dick Flanagan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 >
 >> I find it amazing that all these ideas come up AFTER Paul says he is ready
 >> to go to Beta with the new release.  I hope no one's feelings are hurt if
 >> their pet ideas don't show up until the following release.
 >
 >Dick, no one *knew* that Paul was working on a new release, not even the beta
 >testers (of which I am one).

It makes sense to me that Paul would be collecting ideas for the next
release as soon as the previous one goes out.  He probably has a list with
hundreds of items on it that he has been looking into over the past two
years.  At some point he will have a significant collection of them ready
to go out to Beta testers.  Any suggestions coming in after that time will
go in the pot for the following release.

As I read the organization chart, Paul and Steve are "management."  Beta
testers are "testers."  Users are the collective wisdom that drives each
release.

Please forgive the rant, but I spent most of my adult life in software
development and remember will great frustration all of the "gotta have"
ideas I received as a release I had worked on for a year finally went into
testing.

73, Dick
--
Dick Flanagan K7VC NV SM