Ok here it is apples to apples or oranges ( the apple is RTTY in DX4WIN
and the oranges is PSK in DX4WIN )

In the psk mode when a call sign appears in the rx window and you want
to put it in the qso call window  you have 3 ways to do it:
1 ) you CLICK on it with the mouse. POINT AND CLICK or
2 ) you copy and paste it in, slower than the first step or
3) you type it in slower then the first two. Ok for casual contacts and
thats if you can type ( you could have a cast on or whatever you can
imagine. )

Try the first two steps in the rtty mode , in the DX4WIN RTTY RX window.
now you may be able to copy a whole line but not a single letter or a
call sign, and if you are in a contest this typing the call sign in is
like using a horse & buggy. For the casual rtty contact you can poke
along and type it in,  all the rtty mode logging programs allow you to
point and click to add the call sign and reports, so lets at least do
what all the other programs let you do.   There is a short fall in this
program, that is easy to fix and the reason givin for not doing so is
not valid in my opinion.

Just my opinion FWIW.

Bob w8gc