It's likely that this isn't due to anything you did. Many of the current
viruses spoof the return address, so when they get caught by mail
anti-virus software, it "returns" to the wrong place. (In other words, you
might have never sent the email in question, but the software thinks that
you did, so it tells you.) Unfortunately, you can't do much about this
beyond what you're already doing (keeping your software updated).

At 05:04 PM 1/30/2004, Dick White wrote:
>During the past week trying to solve my DX4WIN problem, I received this
>mail. I have no idea as to what e-mail it is referring to.  I up date my
>Norton Antivirus every day and scan. I should not have sent out a virus. It
>appears that a virus has picked up my old e-mail address and is using it..
>I would recommend that everyone check for a virus.
>
>73....Dick  KS0M

73,
        David - K2DBK