Tom.

I have the same problem on my office computer, running Windows 2000
Pro.  It's even worse for me, as I don't have, and can't get, admin
authority on that machine.  A fix for this would be most appreciated.
However, don't hold your breath, as Dx4Win updates are infrequent at
best.

73,

Ron - N9QQK

Tom wrote:
I thought maybe the new version would fix my problem, but no success.
Thus, I thought I'd repost here and see if anyone has any additional
ideas.

I run dx4win on an old windows 2000 box, normally running as a user
with only Power User status. Every time I try to execute dx4win as
this
user I get an error, stating:

Please copy the driver file: C:\Program Files\dx4w701
\DRIVERS\vischw11.sys
To: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\vichw11.sys

Now, I've manually copied this file to the correct directory, and
still
get the message. I've also made sure that the file and the directory
are
owned by the Power User, with full access control. Still get the
error.

So, in order to use dx4win I have to run it as an Adminstrative user
(using Run As). I sure would rather run it under the Power User
account.

Anyone have any further insight? I should point out that this very
old PC
has the windows files loaded in c:\windows rather than c:\winnt (I
think
the previous owner upgraded from an older windows version).

Thanks and 73!

Tom, W4KX