Is there somewhere in the program to set daylight savings time?

73

john
From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Thu Apr 27 20:56:12 2006
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (=?iso-8859-1?Q?Isidro_Acosta_Hern=E1ndez?=)
Date: Thu Apr 27 20:58:55 2006
Subject: [Dx4win] daylight saving time

Hi to all...

> Is there somewhere in the program to set daylight savings time?

Not in the program, but you should set it in Windows.  Set the PC clock to
local time, and the time zone and daylight saving.  DX4WIN will be in UTC
time all the year.

73 de Isidro, EA8NQ
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

---------------------------------------
Visit the EA8NQ's DX Page (in Spanish):
www.ure.es/ea8nq/
---------------------------------------
From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Fri Apr 28 12:03:06 2006
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (J.F. Samuels)
Date: Fri Apr 28 12:05:47 2006
Subject: [Dx4win] ADIF Import from N1MM Logger

Thanks for the replies to my query about ADIF specs - that helped.

I've successfully imported my Florida QSO Party logs into DX4WIN.  I now
have the proper states in the State field, and Florida county abbreviations
in the RCVD field.

Here's what I did:

I edited the N1MM xxx.adi file with a text editor (I used TextPad, but
others, even Notepad or Wordpad would do).  I used the Replace function to
find and replace text as follows:

1.      Find <EXCHANGE1:2> and replace with <STATE:2>
2.      Find <EXCHANGE1:3> and replace with <STATE:2>FL <SRX:3>

Note the space between FL and <.

Then I saved the file as XXX-fixed.adi and imported the file into DX4WIN.

I had a few errors.  These are noted in the QSO "Notes for this QSO" field.
The errors were unimportant and the error messages could be removed.  An
example is a State error for VE3WG because ON is invalid.  Another was for
the State of V3 for a V31, etc.

I see that Jim, AD1C, has an updated program which works on the county
abbreviations and makes them into proper state and county entries.  I
haven't played with that, but it could be valuable in converting the
abbreviated Florida counties into importable county data.

For those who care, here are all of the fields that DX4WIN will recognize as
ADIF import:

ADDRESS, ARRL_SECT, BAND, CALL, CNTY, COMMENT, CONTEST_ID, CQZ, DXCC, FREQ,
GRIDSQUARE, IOTA, MODE, NAME, NOTES, QSLSDATE, QSL_RCVD, QSL_SENT, QSL_VIA,
QSO_DATE, QTH, RST_RCVD, RST_SENT, SRX, STATE, STX, TEN_TEN, TIME_OFF,
TIME_ON.

There are a few synonyms that would work, like 1010 for TEN_TEN, and FREQ=
for FREQ.  Also, although SRX is defined as numeric in the ADIF spec, DX4WIN
accepts character data without complaint for the RCVD field.  There is a
separate character data field, SRX_STRING, which should have been used.

73, John, K2CIB