-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of John (N1JP)
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2006 5:53 PM
To: Dx4win@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Dx4win] LOTW ADIF thoughts??

Getting back to downloading the LOTW ADIF file into DX4WIN to set the
'submissions' flag for those Qs checked by ARRL. Comments that were received
in regards to this feature indicated that it was not supported but......how
about this??

1 - Download the ADIF file into a 'New' log in DX4WIN. Check this new log
for errors, etc by going into Reports|DXCC|Summary and compare it with LOTWs
online matrix.

2. - If they agree, as mine does, go to Reports|DXCC|Submission, then Save
under File|Save. Now check this new log for 'Submission' flags in your log
window and review as many qs as you prefer in the DXCC- Mixed, Band, and/or
Mode fields. In my case it looks good.

3 - Now, open your normal, everyday, log and go to File|Import/Export| which
opens a new window. Select ADIF, if not already done so, then under this
Windows File, select Merge DX4WIN Log.....select the new log you created and
choose 'Open'. A new window will appear and from that choose "Imported QSO
replaces existing QSO (SLOW)" then choose OK. A progress bar will be shown
and then when completed a warning text will say No new QSOs have been added.

If you check your log now you will see that the 'Submit' flags have been
added in the appropriate fields. Now you will need to manually change the
'Submit' fields to 'Chkd'.

Am I correct now to say that statically, your DXCC Summary Report should be
accurate??
I think so unless I am missing something. Now, the next time you want to
send or take new QSL cards to the ARRL, choose Reports|DXCC\Submission, you
should see a listing of new Calls that indicate what QSL cards should be
pulled from your stash for another visit to the ARRL.

Could someone please check this to see if I'm correct in my thinking before
I SAVE the results to my log. By the number of emails I received after my
first query I know it is important to many folks.

Thanks and 73

John   (N1JP)