Hi all,

  I'm new to the list so sorry if this has been asked before.

  I am in the process of writing a program that looks up a state,city
combination and determines the county name.  Then I want to update the DX4WIN
.DXL file (directly or indirectly) with the county.  I want to make sure I do
it in a way that will allow DX4WIN to"notice" that I added the County and alter
any tables, counters etc that it may maintain.

Ideas I had to accomplish this task:

  1) Do an Export to a .DXQ/.DXN file.  Modify the County field in the .DXQ
file and then re-Import the modified file.
  2) Export in .ADIF format.  Fix the values and then re-import.
  3) Modify the .DXL file directly.  If this is done, will County totals/counts
get updated?

If anyone is interested in what I come up with, let me know and I'll email you
once I have something working.

73,
Lee  N7NU