From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Ken Kopp
Sent: Monday, 17 March 2008 4:56 a.m.
To: Dx4win@Mailman.Qth.Net
Subject: [Dx4win] A strange "Bug" continues

My thanks to all who have responded with possible
causes, questions, etc.  Lotsa knowledge here, and
that's why I asked the question.

It seems unlikely that it's a key malfunction matter, as
it ONLY occurs with a W5Axx call entry ... not with a
5Axx or any combination of letters surrounding the
5 ... and not with any other number/letter combination.
It only happens with W5A.  Remember, I've now entered
about 15K QSO's and this is the only problem I've seen.

I haven't connected another keyboard ... I will.  The one
in use is a Logitec cordless.

Related to a key logger?  I doubt it, as the computer in
question is almost never "on line", and is used only for
DX4WIN.  The computer's OS is XP and it has Norton
2007, Spybot and Ad-Aware software that's updated and
run once a week ... about the only time the machine's
"on line".  The only other "on line" activity is to visit the
Elecraft site for updates to my K3.  The laptop that works
OK has the same OS and software ... they are almost mirror
images of each other.

I don't view the program as "crashed" as one respondent
termed it.  The "A" keystroke just instantly returns me to
the open desktop and then I can restart he program "normally"
via the DX4WIN icon.  All data is then current through the
last auto back-up no more than one minute prior to the closure.

Thank you all for your efforts ... I'll let you know what/if I find.

73! Ken Kop - K0PP
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       or
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]