All,

I am helping a new DX4WIN user install, configure, and connect the CI-V interface between his radio and his computer. He purchased the www.cqpal.com CI-V interface on e-Bay and we've selected the "Icom 7800 v210 500" radio with an address of 6A and baud rate of 6400. Some DX4Win interface functions are working, but one doesn't work. (?)

Here's what works:
- Clicking on a Packet Spot changes the 7800 VFO frequency and mode to match the spot's frequency and mode. - The QSO -> Contest Mode -> Text to QSO Note -- "$$" logs the correct VFO frequency to a new QSO record.

BUT... DX4Win does not read the correct band (frequency) when logging. Pressing <F9> puts "20m" (the default QSO band) into the Band field for a new QSO, and after logging a QSO (despite the fact that the QSO Notes "$$" read the frequency properly) the band field reads "20m".

What am I doing wrong here? (his 7800 is a firmware 210 release)

-larry
K8UT