If you hadn't noticed, the webmaster at QRZ.COM has remodeled the site and added some nice new features. To fully use the new site, you will need a free account on QRZ.COM. This measure improves site security and allows email addresses to be directly clickable.

In the remodeling process, however, my link from DX4Win to QRZ.COM broke. The fix is really quite simple:

1. Go to the <F>ile, <P>references, "Ext Data" tab
2. In the "website callsign lookup" box, click "enabled"
3. Type HTTP://WWW.QRZ.COM/DB/ in both address fields
4. <F>ile, <P>references, Save Changes and Exit

This very handy DX4Win feature works after entering a callsign in the QSO window and pressing the F-3 key. This opens a new window with any "local" callsign data (perhaps you've installed the RAC callsign CD ROM). Pressing the <Enter> key within that local data window will launch your browser and take you directly to the QRZ.COM callsign record.

Another item that I use at QRZ.COM is the "mailing label" feature for copy/pasting postal addresses on envelopes and into DX4Win's "QSL Mgr" address field. Although it is not obvious, you can now access that screen by simply clicking on the large callsign at the top of the QRZ.COM window.

Hope you find this information helpful,

-larry
K8UT