I've had that happen in the past too. Whenever I upgrade I always go to File>Info. From there you can see which log file is being used. If it's the one in the old directory, just close that log file by going to File>Close, then open the one in the new directory, File>Open...

73,

Alan  N5NA

Bud Governale, W3LL wrote:
Whenever upgrading, I merge the .ini file from the previous version to the new
version.

However I found new log entries were going to the .dxl file located in the previous version folder and not to the upgraded version.

As a work around, I uninstall and then reinstall the new version and not use
the ini file from the previous version.
This places new entries into the log dxl file in the upgraded version folder.
Not being able to use the ini file from the previous version adds a lot of work
to the upgrade process.

I noticed this happening for at least the last four upgrades in the 7 series.

What am I doing wrong?

Bud W3LL
w...@arrl.net