From: dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net [mailto:dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net]
On Behalf Of Jim Reisert AD1C
Sent: January-14-09 12:44 AM
To: DX4WIN Reflector
Subject: [Dx4win] Accidental deletion of log?

About once every month or two, my father W1JR loses his log.  The W1JR.dxl
file just disappears from the SAVE directory.  Does anyone else share this
experience?

I have never lost my log in the many years I have used the program.

The *only* possible cause I can think of is shutting down the computer
before the log has been written from memory cache to disk. (I leave my
computers on all the time, sorry Al Gore.)  It's NOT a slow computer - Core
2 Duo, 2GB of RAM, 7200 RPM hard drive, etc.

I'd love to figure out how to prevent this problem, as panic usually ensues
until I can restore the most recent copy of the log from one of the many
backup locations (the log is backed up at least three ways, not counting the
ways DX4WIN backs things up).

Thanks & 73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C/Ø, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us