>Today I downloaded an LoTW report from the ARRL web site and imported the
>files into my DX4Win log. When the process was completed, I somehow had 20
>unaccounted for LoTW QSOs.

This is perfectly normal. After the first time I did a file download
from the site I've NEVER had 100% new QSLs in any LoTW update. The
number of records always exceeds the number of new QSLs. Lots of guys
keep uploading the same QSOs over and over, and the system will
happily count it as a new QSL and put it in the update file every
time. As a matter of fact for about 3 months running I had a YV who
kept uploading the same QSOs once or twice a week. I had the same QSL
for a 6 meter QSO every time I downloaded a new report file. DX4WIN
does a great job of sorting out the dupes. Just set the import
preferences to "Imported QSO sets Upload Confirmed flag" and have at it.

73...
Randy, W8FN