Good...

There are a few improvements that could be made that probably don't
involve too much effort.

I actually moved all my data to a more expensive, much more feature rich
logging program. But after a few years, I missed D4W. The last thing I
would want to see is a lot of new features... I like the fact it is
fast, slick (easy to enter data) and accurate (thanks Jim). Anything
Paul does to the program has to reinforce these attributes because it's
what distinguishes D4W from the other programs.

Areas to be addressed:
Data safety.
eQsl.
user configurable modes. a table containing the mode, type
(Phone,CW,Digital,Image) and equivalent ADIF mode if necessary.
For example:
USB,P,SSB
LSB,P,SSB
CW,C
FM,P
FMN,P,FM
PSK,D,PSK31
PSK31,D

interfacing with subscription XML callbook services.

I love the spotting in D4W but I believe there are a few simple
improvements to make it even better... I'll save it for a separate email
to see what the gang thinks.

There are some things that other programs I think he should stay away
from because they generate a continuous need for fixes.

Scraping data from QRZ.com or Buckmaster.

Digital modes. It would be better to interface with MixW, DM780 or
Winwarbler. Let someone else keep up with the latest digi modes ;-)
BTW I am active on Digital modes but use a dedicated program. And I
would like to see it interfaced with D4W for data transfer.

--
Mel, VE2DC