I am trying  to help a friend in Africa. He currently uses
 Logger32 and he is all interfaced with his Icom 7700 to send cw. He wants
 purchase dx4win but 1st wants to get the cw keyer working.

 The cw keying via K/B in logger32 works fine. He is using serial port CW
keying to a DB9, wired as in the help files diagram in DX4win.

Unfortunately   He can't seem to get the correct settings to key in DX4win
CW window.

 What on earth could I suggest he looks at next. He has tried every option
 on the DTR/RTS parameters (cw keying/PTT control) and just gets at best a
continuous tone  no cw, when trying to send.

Id appreciate a series of questions you guys would think useful from this
point forward to help home in on the problem.

Bearing in mind Logger32 works, I'm assuming it can only be a software
setting somewhere.

I'm a DX4WIN user, and have never used logger32, but downloaded it and had
it working in a minute, buy just copying my DX4WIN settings. Doing this the
other way round in Africa, doest seem to work.

Help appreciated.

Neil G0JHC