Hi,

  When you invoke 8.01 on the destination PC, verify in the title bar that it
says DX4WIN 8.01 (just incase you have multiple versions of DX4WIN on your
desktop; and you clicked on the wrong one :-).

  To find the path to the log that is being opened by default, I do a File ->
Save as, then click the down arrow in the "Look in:" box at the top.  Note the
file path and then QUICKLY hit CANCEL twice to exit out of the Save as menu!

  If you ARE in 8.01, then click File -> Open; then click the down arrow in the
"Look in:" box.  Note the complete path it is pointing to and verify that it is
where your new (8.01) log is located.

Lee  N7NU

>>> "ik1MDF" <ik1...@aruba.it> 8/7/2009 8:25 AM >>>

Hi,
-worked stations with my new 8.01 UNTIL 13.03 AUG/07/09
-saved my log
- copy mycall.dxl into another computer
-open DX4WIN 8.01 in the new computer
-the file is not updated, it is updated to 7.04 release...

WORRIED!

- BACK to the original computer...
- the stations WORKED are in the log
- the file MYCALL.DXL is updated to rel. 7.04
____question____ where is the MYCALL.DXL file?

please help.

regards

ik1mdf