As one might expect, this was cockpit error.  On version 7, I had part  of
the world map window covering the scroll bars on the packet window, so
thinking the packet window in version 8 was the "same size" was wrong.
Everything works in v8 as it was in v7.  Sorry for the bandwidth, and  thanks
especially to Jim for coming in where my brain cells no longer  tread....

In a message dated 8/16/2009 7:09:16 A.M. Central Daylight Time,