The VE7CC application has an email alert function that works just
fine. I use that function to send an email to the SMS interface for my
cell phone. For example, I use an iPhone with  AT&T as my service
provider. My email setup in VE7CC is set to:

myce...@txt.att.net

Every time a DX station I am looking for (on the band/mode I need) I
get a SMS message alerting me. This technique has helped me work a
whole bunch of new IOTA counters.

One caution. The Europeans send a LOT of spots for the same DX station.

Bob, K9RHY

Sent from my iPhone