No you don't want to do that. Go to your subscription page (link at
bottom of every e-mail) and either change to a digest (less frequent
e-mails) or turn delivery off. That way you can still post and you can
always turn it on again later. Yes you can also browse the archives. use
the links at the bottom of every e-mail.