So Jim,
I explained in the past that it is "NECESSARY" if you want
syncronize two logs.
Not other way to do that.....!!!
If I am your qsl manager, and you send me the log in adif
one time per month, I need to know if you sent some
qsl, when, and the method used (important data to know to
manage well your card!).
After te update of the log in my hands, I can resubmit the
log to you, in order that you can syncronize your log
with mine, having a true QSLs situation and DXCC score.
So try your self..... open Log1 and Log2 with few QSOs
and with different data in the qsl fields.
Now try to syncronize the data (the first with the second,
then the second with the first) and look at the improper result.
I think that the routine changes would be very easy, and
I don't understand why not do it.
It will be enough transfer also the qsl method, according
to a priority:
1° - qsl cfmd direct
2° - qsl cfmd bureau
3° - qsl not cfmd
At this point, if possible, transfer also the "qsl date".
The program was ever improved with the users suggestions!
I did'nt like your answer:
"Because the ONLY thing that routine is supposed to do is set the
CONFIRMED flag when a QSO in the imported ADIF file matches a QSO in
the log. Nothing else."
Why nothing else ???
And why not answer on the second point,
about the ERROR in the routine.
I reported the error since nine months ago
without any answer from Paul.
I'm sorry with you, but I'm bored.
73 Stefano, I0MWI.