Roger,
What do you exactly mean with reconcilling ?
If you mean a exact relation between what is uploaded, downloaded
(CONFIRMED)
>From Lotw then I say yes , done it many times and not only for beta-testing
But when I have manually set a qso to Y but in the wrong place (for example
eQSL=Y)
that I see cfg in lotw and not downloaded + imported.

Step 1 = make a backup of your !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Step 2 = LoTW|Clear LoTW confirmed
Step 3 = Alt-A = Save
Step 4 = check with F8 if LoTW Cnfm=Y is really returning 0 qso´s
Step 5 = download from LoTW your complete record
Step 6 = Import for LoTW
Step 7 = Check the result screen and make a screendump of it
Step 8 = now you probably will see that it doesn´t match

        THIS IS BECAUSE SOME IMPORTED DATA IS NOT EQUAL TO WHAT IS IN YOUR
LOG

Most common problems are wrong ZONES - COUNTIES - LOCATORS ......
Zone errors can be found if you look after import=cqzone=....
If you have found these qso´s you can via QSO|Multiple QSOs
operations|Remove Import Notes
Clean these errors.
After that you have to look for the not confirmed due different reasons

Step 9 = Review QSOs not found

Here you have to double click on every qso and look in the second window for
the closest match
Select this qso with double click and change LoTW Cnfm to Y and check what
the difference is
Correct it in entry window and save changes with F10.

Guy ON4AOI