On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 4:35 PM, george <goofy...@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> The state of the spotter (where he is currently) was noted on the far right
> side of the spot. I looked at my DX4WIN which is the latest version and I
> didn't see this very useful identification?
>
> As an example I saw a spot by a K3 station for a DX station. When I went to
> the frequency I heard nothing. A check on QRZ.COM had shown that the K3
> station was really in Az.
>
> Does DX4WIN support this in its packet spot window? If so how do I get it to
> indicate such?

Hi George,

First, it depends on what cluster node you are connected to, what
software that node is running (i.e. AR-Cluster, DX Spider, etc.) and
whether your user profile has the spotters's state turned on or off.

Given all that, if the state appears to the RIGHT of the GMT field in
a packet spot, then it should show up in the Packet Spots window
assuming you have made the window wide enough.  It will NOT show up in
the DX spots window, since there is no field or column to put it in.

If the state appears to the LEFT of the GMT field, then it may show up
in the DX spots window at the far right of the Remarks column,
assuming that column is wide enough to display the full comment.  To
widen it, grab the vertical line between "Remarks" and "Spotter" in
the gray header and drag it to the right.

Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us