From: dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net [mailto:dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On
Behalf Of Karl Oyster
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2010 8:20 PM
To: dx4win@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Dx4win] Issues with RTTY Control Panel and Win 7

Hi folks,

Couple of questions in search of answers:

1.  I have found that when I want to minimize DX4W 8.04 screen which shows the
control panel for the MMTTY screen, the control panel will NOT minimize.  Any
ideas of how to correct this?

2.  I have also found that when I want to maximize DX4W 8.04 (after minimizing
it), I cannot do so simply by clicking on the DX4W icon in the bottom control
panel of WIN 7.  The only thing I can do for it is to shut down the program and
restart it, at which time all is as it should be.   Any ideas of how to correct
this, as well?  Similarly, although I have checked the box for “show callsign
in the task bar (or whatever they call it) it will show ONLY if I have the
cursor over the icon for the program.  Not sure what this is about, but I
remember having the most recently spotted callsign there all the time with XP.

3.  Finally, I have also found that windows will NOT stay as they should with
the “keep original positions for windows” box checked.  In my case they’re
close to where they were, but the sizes of the various boxes/windows will be
slightly larger (or smaller) than the original and consequently overlap other
boxes  or leave fairly significant blank spaces between the various boxes.

I would appreciate any info anyone has on these issues.  I’ve jumped through
every hoop I can find about these things, all with no results of a positive
nature, much less a solution for it.

Thanks in advance,

Karl, K1KO
Virginia Beach, VA